Looking for healthy spins on some recipes? Here are some things I have eaten, loved, and think you will too. I will add some more later, but here are just a few for now.I also included some snack ideas!
Co-slaw: Instead of that typical mayonnaisey sugar filled co-slaw you may be used to , try making your own. This is a recipe from my Dad. It is super healthy and a smart choice when dieting at a BBQ.
- -Bagged cabbage and carrot mix
- -drizzles of olive oil
- -white vinegar (1/2 cup)
- -Salt & pepper to taste
TNS: This is a popular dish amongst my family. Also known as the poor man’s food, this usually consists of the only items you have in your cupboard. Tuna, Noodles,and a Surprise.. The Surprise being..that it tastes so good. Here is my twist on a macaroni tuna salad.
- Brown rice ( the kind you cook for 45 minutes, not instant!) *If you want to go even more crazy, try it with Quinoa*
- Can of white Albacore tuna
- Lite Mayo (1 little squeeze into the tuna)
- Chopped onion ( I like half an onion..but I LOVE onions)
- Chopped celery
- Drizzle white vinegar over.
- S&P to taste
Healthy Eating tips:
Buy the non-fat plain Greek yogurt instead of flavored yogurts. Add your own fruit and throw some almonds in the mix too for some crunch.